Analytics

Monday, May 13, 2013

Music News: The Charts (5/13/13)

Yes, its them again...and they're back!!!  This is the 1st time I have done The Charts in the year 2013.  I was kind of disgusted with the new chart calculation and all that crap, but I am back on Billboard again, of course (I just can't stay away).  Plus I got really excited because I was browsing the 200 albums and I noticed that TLC's classic album CrazySexyCool has re-entered that chart. The 18 year old album has been climbing it for several weeks now. 



CrazySexyCool (1994)


This just gets me really excited for this movie! Then I searched Billboard and there were interviews with Chilli and T-boz and they said they are working on a new album.  I love being excited about artist new music!  I miss when artist used to go away for a few years and then come back.  They need to go back to that  (but not 10 + years like TLC did this time). I guess everybody is getting excited.  Anyway, other news on the charts:


Hot 100
  1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton- Can't Hold Us
  2. Pink featuring Nate Ruess- Just Give Me A Reason
  3. Justin Timberlake- Mirrors
  4. Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko- Stay
  5. Bruno Mars- When I Was Your Man

Wale at # 1


I still don't feel like the new R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart is capturing the taste of the core r&b and hip-hop music fans.  So I will show the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart, because I think core r&b and hip-hop fans are more radio listeners than single downloaders.  Wale reigns with single Bad featuring Tiara Thomas.  Adorn by Miguel is still in the top 5 which is crazy (I think it was # 1 the last time I did The Charts, about 7 months ago)  The Top 5:


R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay
  1. Wale featuring Tiara Thomas- Bad
  2. Tamar Braxton- Love and War
  3. Rihanna- Pour it Up
  4. Drake- Started from the Bottom
  5. Miguel- Adorn
Let's add some more! I'll post the top 5 from the Youtube 100 music videos.  Psy holds the top 2 spots:


Youtube
  1. Psy- Gentleman
  2. Psy- Gangman Style
  3. Macklemore & Ryan Leslie featuring Wanz- Thrift Shop
  4. Pink featuring Nate Ruess- Just Give Me A Reason
  5. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton- Can't Hold Us
For full chart information go here: http://www.billboard.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment