Analytics

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Good Music (6/25/13)- ???

     I did a post a couple months ago, called Good Music.  In the post I talked about some music I had been listening to (or you could say I reviewed it).  I decided to do post like this more often.  The music I will talk about in my Good Music reviews will not necessarily be good music, I just tell you whether or not I thought it was good music.  Good Music is just the name of my reviews.  I'm about to give you an example of some not-so good music in my Good Music review.  
          Hustle Gang, which is a group consisting of T.I. and a host of other rappers that are signed to his label, released a mixtape, Hustle Gang Presents: G.D.O.D. (Get Dough or Die), last month.  I told you before, I am just getting into this whole mixtape game, but I have found some really solid mixtapes in the last couple of months.  I decided to listen, because I feel like T.I. is one of the best out today, and he's been down for a while, but he is finally making his way back up to the top of the music game, and I want to support that.  I am not very impressed by this effort, though. 


G.D.O.D. (2013)



   Production is great (beats are on point).  I just don't like the Hustle Gang rappers.  They mess up everything for me.  There just not good rappers, in my opinion.  T.I., is of course great, and B.o.b. is someone who I feel is really underrated.  He is a very talented rapper.  There is also this British rapper on there, he's good,  and Trae tha Truth (his voice is  funny to me).  The others, aren't. I felt like T.I. and B.o.b. saved every song when it featured the others (name for the ones with no flow).   My favorite song off of this (right now) is 2 F**ks.  Young Dro's flow is horrible on that song, but I do enjoy "4 g's up under this lamp!" (if that makes it better).  As far as everything else, the mixtape, of course, has several features. Young Jeezy, Meek Mill, Juicy J, etc...  Its free for download, so if you haven't done so, give it a listen, maybe you enjoy it better than I did.  It was alright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment